Our client is a Telecommunications service provider, right now they are looking for a Product Manager and will be responsible for managing their current and future portfolio of products and services. This position reports directly to the CCO (Chief Commercial Officer).
Qualifications / Requirements
- 7+ years of telecom or technology Product Development experience, ideally in a Service Provider environment;
- Proven experience managing others.
- Project management expertise skills.
- Experience in defining and driving programs.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Multilingual is preferred (English & Spanish) and/or Portuguese.
- Provide effective leadership of the product management team:
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and timely feedback on performance and areas for improvement.
- Responsible for investigating, selecting, and driving the development of the products and services of the company (existing products and services & new products and services).
- Responsible for developing product road maps and life-cycle management, updates to current products, product marketing (outbound/inbound marketing), and product management.
- Lead the development of new products and services based on market trends and/or guidance of corporate development and current initiatives (verticals). Development of new products may require direct engagement with corporate development as M&A or Strategic Partnership may be involved.
- Responsible for product position, portfolio strategy.
- Develop business cases and strategic rationale for new products, and present to executive audiences.
- Develop business case for special projects, present to executive audience for approval.
- Serve as an expert and proxy for executives and team members in products, technologies, and markets.
- Evangelize product vision and concepts across internal constituents – executives, business owners, marketing, engineering, and field leaders.
- Responsible the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution.
- Oversee product plans that document expected milestones; from product development to product launch, to product maintenance; also generate products documentation that details the functionalities of the products that ultimately will be provided to customers.
- Responsible for service price table.
- Oversee 3rd party products and services that will be integrated with the company’s product / service, if applicable.
- Oversee vendor selection process if new services require additional features on new equipment / technologies that the company needs to acquire.
Education / Training
- BS/MS in relevant field, or equivalent experience within the telecommunications industry (wholesale or enterprise).
- MBA degree a definite plus.
- Prior work experience in Fiber Optic Communications is a must (within the Submarine industry preferred).
- Experience in working within the wholesale market is a must.
- Experience in IP Technology and DWDM is a must.
- Experience in working with a Datacenters is preferred.
- Must have experience in creating a business case.
- Understanding of Market and how specific requirements meet customer needs: able to take abstract requirements and specifications and turn them into specific product requirements.
- Knowledge of Telecom market in LATAM a plus.
- Understanding of the company’s corporate goals and objectives, markets, competitors, positioning, product portfolio and internal organization.
- Understanding of advanced Project Management techniques and processes.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration, particularly cross-organizationally and cross-functionally. Emphasis on building solid working relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain a proactive and positive approach to resolving conflict and or business issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team and with people in other functions, to multitask and to thrive in a structured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead cross-business unit and/or cross-functional teams, manage internal resources and manage outside professionals.