Our client is the leading builder and retail distributor of high-end kitchen appliances with operations in South Florida, the Caribbean and Latin America since 2004 with 8,000 + units completed in more than 48 multi-unit projects.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible to oversee each construction projects in South Florida from initial contact to the successful completion of the contract and scope of work. Interfacing with both owners, developers, general contractors (GC’s), other trades and delivery & installation companies.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Proven ability to lead a team of professionals who can interact across all levels and functions of the organization effectively
- Proven ability to lead during a time of significant growth, and an ability to establish credibility and influence other executives through both formal and informal leadership
- Proficient in MS office suites, strong excel skills, Quick Books (good to have but not required)
- Understanding construction are required
- Excellent time management, follow-up skills and able to work under pressure but in a peace environment
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills both English and Spanish with a demonstrated ability to professionally represent the project status
- Possesses strong initiative and ability to be self-directed in completing tasks and function with minimal supervision.
- Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Possesses excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptive to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, including some Saturdays.
- Reliability and flexibility to visit different job sites.
- Responsible for all aspects of project acquisition management for builder projects, including, but not limited to: research new leads, bidding process, acquisition and fulfillment processes.
- Oversees the continued growth and development of the company’s Multi-Unit Project Division.
- Proactively go after new construction opportunities by getting in contact with developers and its representatives at the very early stage of each project, to present the company’s unique competitive advantage and to establish a solid and trustworthy relationship.
- Prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications
- Coordinates with the installation crew to ensure feasibility of each project
- Conducts meetings on-site with architect, general contractors (GC’s), delivery & installation companies as needed
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects
- Responsible for developing, presenting and overseeing annual business plan for the company, ensuring profitable P&L for the operations
- Negotiates with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors
- Responsible for collecting the total amount of contract agreement
- Prepares and submits project estimates to clients
- Monthly metrics/goals reported such as:
- Yearly gross margin
- Cash Flow projections
- Forecast growth
- Success of implementing of key operations/sales initiatives
- Customer Services survey rankings
- Supports team members in executing tasks as needed to meet project deliveries
- Improves and enforces company’s policies and procedures
- Job includes managerial, hands-on and administrative duties
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) required in Business and/or Supply Chain and/or Operations fields preferred
- 5+ experience in Project Management, Sales and or Operations.