Our client is a semi-custom builder of center console saltwater fishing boats and catamarans and they are looking for a skilled Purchasing Agent to buy goods and services necessary for the business. You have the means and opportunity to raise our profits by making the most high-quality and cost-effective purchases.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset. You should know how to evaluate market conditions and different suppliers.
The goal is to acquire supplies and materials that are critical to the success of our business operations.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in purchasing or related field
- Must possess strong leadership qualities, drive, and be accountable
- Well Organized and strong time-management
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written skills (Office proficient- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, QuickBooks)
- Ability to communicate effectively with team, vendors, and internal customers
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- Experience in Boat manufacturing
- Understanding of technical drawings and manufacturing processes and???
- Experience with MRP system (SAP, Aquamatica, etc.)
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain the quality of goods, timely delivery, and compliance with terms of contracts
- Create Purchase Orders (POs) based on purchase requisitions and supply requests; obtain recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtain approval from internal customers for substitutions and alternates
- Negotiate pricing, delivery, and terms of sale with vendors.
- Close follow up and tracking of deliveries and production shortages and needs, Verify receipt of items
- Obtain pricing and lead time information from vendors; consider/identify constraints
- Review and resolve invoices for discrepancies with suppliers
- Keeps management updated as to upcoming pricing changes and critical items
- Assists in other related areas of material and supply management
- Vendor Follow Up
- Order tracking and expediting
- Monitor stock levels
- Internal Communication on deliveries
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school graduate required. BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field preferred; MSc/MA will be considered a plus