The Facilities Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day client activities for the assigned facilities or properties in the client’s portfolio. The candidate must be able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, effectively manage through stressful situations, and consistently make effective, high quality decisions; must understand complex client and customer relationships and develop open, effective and consistent communication with client and customer representatives. The candidate will have overall responsibility for site budgets, accounting and finance, maintenance and operations, contract services, material, equipment and supplies purchases, and occupancy services administration and helpdesk.
Qualifications / Requirements
- SAP Experience (i.e. Purchase Order, Spends and Requisitions)
- Microsoft Office knowledge, including Word and Excel
- Finance and Accounting experience, will be approving invoices and building budgets
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Manage operations and maintenance of utilities, heating and air conditioning, doors, elevators, cranes, lighting, pest control, office furniture, signage, interior and exterior landscaping, parking areas, cleaning of offices, workshop and yard, cleaning, catering, preventative and unscheduled maintenance, and energy efficiency.
- Manage and support compliance involving emergency response.
- Manage access control systems and general security.
- Liaise with IT for telecommunications infrastructure operation and maintenance
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to enhance facilities operation and reduce operating costs.
- Responsible for all relocations of personnel within the facility.
- Responsible for all operating permits being current.
- Insure that the facility is operated and maintained in accordance with all government regulations.
- Maintain current drawings of the facility.
- The facility manager is responsible for preparing a January cost center budget for each facility they manage. These will be reviewed by the real estate director or manager they report to.
- The plans will be presented to a plan review meeting to the VP Real Estate & Facilities once the plan is approved by the Real Estate Director and VP of Real Estate, they will be submitted to the Supply Chain VP, or Product Line President for their review. If any changes are required, these will be reviewed between the user and the VP of Real Estate to make a final determination on if any changes are to be made.
- Real Estate managers or directors will prepare a monthly report outlining all significant variances and the causes.
- The Supply Chain controller, region VP finance, supply chain controllers, and product line VP finance will receive monthly cost center reports for facilities cost for each of their facilities.
- A complete report will be prepared at a minimum of yearly outlining all costs saving initiatives undertaken in that timeframe. This will be distributed to Region Hemisphere, Supply Chain and Product Line.
- All facility invoices will be coded by a person designated by the facility manager. The approval path will be facility manager, Real Estate manager, Real Estate director, VP of Real Estate, VP and controller, CFTO, COO, and CEO.
Education / Training
- Associate’s Degree with 8+ years’ experience or
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years’ experience or comparable experience in profession.
- Professional certification in facility management or property management
- Previous leadership experience