Our client has been the premier family-owned global transportation, warehousing, customs brokerage, and logistics solution for businesses worldwide for over 40 years. We are recognized by our clients and the Logistics/Supply Chain industry by providing concierge-level service to our clients for all their cargo needs.
They were named a South Florida Top Workplaces for 2020 because they believe in a culture of continuous training and development, collaboration amongst teams, and loving what you do every single day.
As our client’s Receptionist you will be fully committed to providing the highest possible standards of customer service and support to our internal and external clients. You will be the first point of contact for our company. You will be answering incoming calls, directing calls to the appropriate account executive. You will welcome visitors by greeting, and directing them appropriately; notifying company personnel of visitors’ arrival; arranging meeting area, answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, requisition of supplies as well as additional duties.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective communications both internally and externally including and not limited to answering phones, screening and forwarding any incoming phone calls to the correct party; taking and relaying messages for A our client’s personnel when the associate is unavailable in a courteous and professional manner.
- Greets, serves incoming clients in a friendly, professional, and positive way, offers refreshments, quickly notifies the person being visited, and coordinates their reception. Address client by his/her name; maintain a professional image.
- Answers incoming calls, within three rings positively, and warmly.
- Returns to calls placed on hold every thirty seconds giving the caller the opportunity to continue holding or to leave a message.
- Organize and file records away in alphabetical or numerical order.
- Maintains a neat and tidy reception area, clearing up any clutter on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains the overall office appearance by cleaning and organizing of all common areas, kitchen, training & conference rooms as needed. Always maintaining a professional, comfortable general office atmosphere.
- Replenishment of First Aid Kit cabinets, paper towel, soap, coffee as needed. Prepare coffee maker for the following morning.
- Prepare monthly employee birthdays, assist with Social Corporate Responsibilities initiatives and posting job requisitions.
- Assists President and Vice-president on special tasks such as preparing refreshments for clients, preparing conference rooms, TVs.
- Verify receipt of documents via UPS/FEDEX and distribute amongst departments; maintain log of receipt. [Scan and linked the receipt to shipment] and advise the account representative to pick up the originals.
- Maintains Visitors Log; Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access (Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness, issue visitor badges).
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Compliant First Aid Kits (office and warehouse) in accordance with company purchasing policies. Verify receipt of the office supplies and performs the distribution and organization.
- Perform monthly office supplies inventory and organize office supplies closet as needed.
- Monitors and maintains Employee Recognition budget; compiles receipts, records monthly expenses and furnishes monthly expense reports to the Accounting Department.
- Releasing the packages to the assigned trucking company for our clients and assure signature, print name, date, and link to the shipment thru our operating system.
- Preparing the shipping labels and the end of day report for UPS packages sent by office.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail
- Utilizes and keeps up to date with company software programs (IES, Outlook, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities as required by position and SOP.
- Perform all other assigned duties assigned by management.