Our client, a Luxurious Boutique Hotel, is currently looking for a Food & Beverage Manager to direct and organize activities in order to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and merchandising at their restaurant, while maximizing hotel profitability.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, P&L analysis, labor and food costs control.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, handling staff and customers.
- strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Good business awareness for achieving successful performance.
- Ability to resolve issues as they arise.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and or termination when appropriate.
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments, e.g. room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, steward, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all food and beverage sub-departments to achieve a profitable result.
- Participate with Food and Beverage managers in the creation of menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments to Crescent standards.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Assist managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of guest satisfaction of the individual restaurants and banquet service, to recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
- Develop operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control etc.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the associates in the food and beverage department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well trained associate at all levels.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Education / Training
- + 5 years of experience as a “Restaurant Manager” or Food & Beverage Manager.
- Knowledge and experience with “Menu” Design.
- Competitive Salary.
- Meal included while working.
- Paid vacations.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Free parking.