Our client is a banking institution with a long history of success in South Florida. Right now they are looking for a Risk Management Officer for their risk department.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Ideal candidate is intelligent, driven, hard-working, and experienced and possesses strong analytic, quantitative, writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) computing skills are required. Additional computer proficiencies are additive such as SQL, ASP.NET, or other databases, reporting, or programming skills.
- Knowledge of banking systems is preferred.
- Assist the Chief Risk Officer in the design and development of the enterprise risk management program.
- Perform or manage reviews of the bank’s risk appetite.
- Identify, evaluate, monitor, and mitigate key enterprise risks such as Credit, Market, Financial, Strategic, and Compliance risks.
- Provide perspective to strategic bank decisions based on expertise.
- Collaborate with other bank departments.
- Lead or manage risk mitigation efforts o In-depth analysis of KRI breaches, including development of mitigation plans o Enhancements to bank’s risk management program or controls.
- Perform or manage risk assessments, stress-tests, and special reviews o Qualitative reviews o Statistical & other quantitative analyses, including financial and risk modeling o Analyze and interpret results.
- Create and present written reports and presentations
- Adhere to Bank policies & procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Complete annual training program assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is required and a concentration in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or similar fields is preferred.
- 4+ years of related experience is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required and proficiency or fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Knowledge of related State and Federal banking compliance regulations is preferred.