Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider that serves 50 million customers worldwide. They are currently looking for a Risk Monitoring Lead to join their team in Panama!
Qualifications / Requirements
- Over 5 years’ experience out of which 5 years in financial services, money transfer, mobile/online banking industry
- Senior, established fraud risk specialist
- Over 3 years of specific experience in monitoring transactions to mitigate fraud/risk
- Previous exposure in the Telecommunications Industry is desirable
- Transaction Assurance: Lead the implementation of transaction monitoring to cover all transaction related risks including Fraud, Security, Leakages, AML/CFT and credit risks
- Risk mitigation strategy: Work together with the Head of Fraud/Risk to define risk mitigation strategy for each type of transaction and lead the implementation of the strategy in all operations aligned with the overall business strategy
- Implementation: Work together with factory, third parties and other stake holders to ensure suitable technology is used to implement rules, alarms and behavior-based models with real time data to identify potential fraudulent or risky transactions for all types of financial transactions using all available sources of information
- Monitoring: Responsible to ensure fraud and risk monitoring tools are properly configured and monitored on an ongoing basis. Ensure tools are adequately configured to identify issues and minimize false alerts.
- Follow up and investigation: Ensure all real cases are investigated, followed up to fix root-causes and closed.
- Consumer protection: Implement monitoring controls, alarms and reconciliations are implemented to ensure customer funds, wallet balances are monitored and protected.
- Fraud Risk: ensure customer, partner, third party and employee fraud risks are mitigated through adequate monitoring controls/alarms. Ensure chargebacks are minimized while maximizing conversions.
- Reporting and KPI’s: Build related reporting and dashboards . Ensure transaction monitoring is in place to achieve agreed targets for each KPI
- Policies and Procedures: Define related policies and procedures
Education / Training
Bachelor’s degree in the Technical/IT-Computer science/Finance fields
- Technical Expertise- Knowledge of Database and Query Tools
- Financial Skills – Audit, Numerical and Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Millicom Revenue Assurance, AML Teams, Compliance, Business Control, Factory and IT security teams to ensure all risk considerations are considered in the monitoring of transactions
- Liaise with MFS Risk Engineering team to ensure tools are designed to mitigate risks, implemented, updated and functioning as designed
- Keeps central stakeholders informed of KPIs through periodic status reporting and project updates