Our client is in the financial service industry that provides custom payment solutions to cannabis merchants and they are hiring a Sales Account Executive.
They are seeking someone with strong technical business/fintech acumen, in addition to being an experienced salesperson who is comfortable generating sales leads with new clients and maintaining relationships with existing ones. This candidate will need to understand a prospective client’s needs and offer a tailored payment processing solution that fits the client’s needs. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and a positive track record of exceeding outlined sale target. This position will report to the Company’s management team.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Sales experience required
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Payment Processing or Merchant Services is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, customer relationship management software, search engines, and social networking channels
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and achieve them
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of the sales process
- Experience in managing a book of business
- Excellent organizational skills and work ethic
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Prospect target sales leads for merchant services business.
- Make outbound telesales solicitations and conduct follow-ups.
- Plan, direct, and negotiate the close of merchant service business deals through the use of ethical, competitive practices and the development of strong business relationships with internal and external partners.
- Negotiate and close deals by working directly with the leads via email, phone, teleconference or face-to-face where needed.
- Handle merchant paperwork (applications and service agreements).
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and leads in the CRM database.
- Monitor and assist where necessary with CRM tasks and tickets related to your leads and clients.
- Exceed daily lead generation, sales activities (phone calls, emails), and monthly sales target of closed deals.
- Seek new opportunities and build a continued relationship with existing clients on a daily basis.
- Define and document business sales processes related to all aspects of merchant service business deals acquisition.
- Track and analyze metrics to determine opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Act as a liaison between independent sales agents and back-office teams, primarily sales support team and merchant boarding team. Employee acknowledges that he/she may be assigned to other duties as needed.
- Understand and keep up to date with industry and competitive landscape knowledge.