Our client is dedicated to help companies to build successful brands for wine and spirits with a worldwide reach.
They are currently seeking a Sales Regional Director to manage and oversee all sales activities through distributor/broker organization, ensuring that efforts are focused on appropriate accounts, territories and channels in order to achieve short- and long-term volume and profit deliverables. Responsible for executing market-level sales and marketing activities/programs to deliver against objectives.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
• Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
• Solid skills in strategic thinking, relationship building and customer service
• Solid problem-solving, analytical and computer skills
• Strong personal drive and individual initiative in daily routine
• Advanced influencing skills and management capabilities
• Expressing confidentially in dealing with trade
• Strong background in the spirits and wine industry is required, with the number of years depending on the complexity of the region
• Proven ability to make strategic decisions around pricing and programming investments
• Ability to travel as needed and a valid driver’s license
- Work with distributor/broker sales teams in the development of business plans for covered markets. Guides the pre-planning/budgeting and execution of all activities in the market, including volume planning, budget management, distributor/broker CRM planning and KPI deliverables. Ensures senior distributor/broker management is committed to deliver against agreed-to goals and initiatives.
- Show strong relationships with key members of the trade (retailer off-premise accounts, on-premise accounts, etc.) in order to develop brands in the market and gain appropriate commitments to accelerate distribution and volume.
- Provide education/training to key influential members of the trade (retailers, bartenders, waitstaff, etc), and distributor/broker sales organization.
- Appropriately manages market conditions, reacts to competitive activity and actively identifies the additional volume and brand building opportunities to accelerate growth.
- Maintaining and analyzing market performance in order to ensure goals are achieved.
- Ensure all in-market investments are effectively spent maximizing value creation.
- Work with key internal sales, marketing, finance and operations personnel to ensure all marketing details communicated effectively and planned (i.e. new listings, forecasts, purchase orders and program plans)