Our client is a global leader in third-party logistics services, providing unique value-added solutions to highly technical clients, and they are seeking a Sales Representative.
You will help them increase the market share of the existing client base to maximize yield as well as expanding the company and individual sales portfolio through the solicitation and capture of new accounts. Also, you will be able to market and sell the full line of logistics services.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years sales experience
- College Diploma / University Degree in Business, Logistics or International Trade is an asset. ( PLUS)
- Professional sales courses or certificates e.g., Professional Sales Certificate (PSC), sales certificate or courses from college, sales course from Dale Carnegie, etc. are assets. (PLUS)
- Minimum 3 years experience in transportation / logistics industry of which 2 years in a sales role.
- Complete understanding of the North American transportation industry including highway (domestic and cross border), intermodal and logistics. (MUST).
- Maximize and manage the volume, revenue and margin within the defined sales territory and / or customer base in order to deliver sales results.
- Constantly communicate with customers through personal visits according to predetermined goals for regular contacts, phone calls and emails to discuss opportunities, concerns or corrective actions required. Ensure customer profiles are up-to-date in company Customer management database.
- Anticipates customer requirements and meets them in a professional and proactive manner. Provide customer service that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Cultivate strong personal relationships with a broad base of management and staff in support of customer/account objectives.
- Develop, implement and deliver on the sales plan.
- Uses strong interpersonal communication skills to manage any conflicts and issues. Drive the company to quickly resolve problems and develop action plans to prevent recurrence.
- Use the appropriate resources to nurture relationships and deliver business results.
- Provide internal communication and support to ensure the successful delivery of results.
- Introduce and utilize internal and external resources for the customer as required.
- Sources and identifies new business potential within the targeted industry and territory base.
- Contact, establish, cultivate and develop existing accounts in the assigned area.
- Identify new selling opportunities. Rethink and develop new features to provide benefits for the customer.
- Work with cross-functional teams on customer RFIs and RFQs[S1] .
- Identifies and evaluates trends in the industry, customer and/or territory base.
- Represent the company
- to target industries and customers
- Participate in logistics events, trade shows and professional or industry associations frequented by customers and potential customers.
- Promote other Group companies and affiliates services wherever possible.
- Provide management with an appropriate forecast of results and opportunities.
- Understand the company’s corporate vision and long-term strategic goals. Provide input to senior management on the development of these goals such as volume, margin, and revenue growth through CRM (Customer Relation Management) tool nor database.
- Provide input to the annual budget.
- Other duties and assignments as required.