The business development and strategic planning analyst will be based in Miami or Costa Rica.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Advance skills in developing financial models in Excel and PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work as a team and under pressure.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and prioritize activities to maximize value to the company.
- Entrepreneurial and highly motivated.
- Position will be based in Miami, FL or Costa Rica, must be open to traveling throughout Central and South America and the Caribbean.
- Support our Growth VP in identifying and structuring acquisition / new development opportunities for the company consistent with the organization’s mission (conservation, education, value): – Identify and prioritize target markets (Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Peru, Brazil and others).
- Support in presenting new projects “package” to the Investment Committee, including: market estimation and attractiveness, creation of pro-forma financial models and evaluation of economic attractiveness, financial and operational synergies with the current operation.
- Support in structuring the transaction financing sources and local partner identification.
- Support in closing the investment and integrating it to company’s target.
- Coordinate execution of new developments and transition of acquired businesses.
Strategic and financial planning & analysis:
- Support our Growth VP and Corporate Controller in monthly and annually financial and strategic planning activities.
- Ownership of financial analysis models and processes: Improve and maintain the accuracy and integrity of the data for financial analysis reports, models and databases.
- Review, analyze and improve monthly reporting processes and documents.
- Evaluate and identify improvement opportunities in the different business units, through data analysis and on the ground experience.
- Special projects (ie; CAPEX prioritization, new attractions ROI’s, corporate sourcing initiatives, etc.), & ad hoc analysis as required by management.
- Coordinate all due diligence support and follow up on financing activities or capital raise.
Education / Training
- Bachelor in Business Administration or Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting / corporate strategic and financial planning and analysis positions.
- Experience in the tourism, travel and leisure industry a plus.