Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and over 12,000 employees around the world. They are currently looking for a SAP Basis Consultant to join their team in Panama.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked among the top 25 multinational companies by “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Solid SAP Basis support/project experience
- Oracle and MS SQL experience
- Experience and ideally certified for SAP Hana
- Experienced with the following SAP/3rd party components: ERP 6.0 EHP 6 (ECC 6.0) on Oracle; PI/Process Orchestration 7.5; Business Objects Data Services 4.2; Productivity Pak; Netweaver Java 7.4; Solution Manager 7.1/7.2; GRC 12.0; Netweaver Single Sign On
- The role requires an individual with a solid background in SAP Basis.
- Knowledge & Experience with designing a SAP landscape
- Certified SAP Netweaver 7.31+
- Pro-active collaboration and stakeholder management will be second nature and a core strength.
- Ability to influence internal departments in order to obtain co-operation
- Strong SAP support skills, ideally developed through solid experience
- Technically proficient in SAP ECC6
- Experience of working cross-culturally and cross -functionally, and ability to adapt personal style to different environments
- ITIL v3 Foundation would be an advantage
- Previous experience of supporting integration between SAP Core and other interfaced applications
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment with demand fast-pawedness and a desire to deliver to milestones would be a distinct advantage.
- Preferred knowledge of data center infrastructure to help optimize the SAP system environment, plan and co-ordinate timely delivery.
- Good knowledge of homogeneous and Heterogeneous system copies. Optimize system copy / system migration using one of various system copy methods (export/import, DB backup/restore, storage snapshot copy etc)
- Should be able to optimize maintenance solution to close to zero downtime maintenance.
- System build and configuration.
- Configure system with Solution Manager for Early Watch services and technical monitoring
- System copy, client copy, upgrade, patching etc.
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting, go live support
- Interaction with client team and supporting the team through implementation process
- Interacting with various other teams during system build and implementation process
In this role you will be responsible for the management of the SAP environment providing technical support and leadership on SAP Basis systems, including establishing standards and requirements, evaluating and directing enhancements, and implementing solutions for performance monitoring, and system configuration, design and implementation. You will design and develop SAP architecture requirements and specifications to ensure the system is meeting corporate needs.
The responsibilities include interacting with a third party to configure, monitor, tune, and troubleshoot the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the SAP transport with third party vendors.
Education / Training
- Bachelor / Master’s degree in IT, Economics, Engineering, Accounting, Sciences or equivalent;