Our client is a family owned bank institution with more than 25 years of experience in South Miami. Right now they are looking for a Senior Accountant to provide support the daily routines of the Accounting Department.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least three years of job related experience in a financial institution.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent understanding of general ledger accounts.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Assist in the preparation of daily and monthly financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of Call reports and other regulatory reports
- Provide support for month and year end close process.
- Analyze income and expense items to ensure they are recorded in compliance with GAAP.
- Research inquiries and provide answers to federal and state examiners, as well as auditors.
- Reconcile assigned accounts, may assist in reconciling Bank accounts and account receivables.
- Supervise accounts payable and review invoices
- Review daily wires for accuracy
- Process monthly securities entries and other securities transactions.