Our client, an innovative social marketing company within the Beauty Industry, is looking for a Senior Cost Accountant Manager, to take the leadership over cost of goods sold and all inventory accounts of our client, including reserves and allowances.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 8+ year experience in cost accounting, for manufacturing company focusing on personal care products
- Experience with large ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle), including Inventory and GL modules
- Advanced Excel user who is comfortable to work with large sets of data
- Ability to work in cross-functional and remote teams
- Experience with the direct selling international company is a plus
- Ownership of all inventory and COGS accounts, including reserves and allowances. Maintenance and accuracy of BOMs, standard costing, and reconciliation of variances and accounts
- Sets and maintains all standard costs on an accurate and timely basis
- Develops all labor and overhead rates for the standard cost cycle
- Reports and analyzes quarterly standard and gross margin by product line
- Reports and analyzes manufacturing variances (e.g. price, quantity variances) as reported on the COGS section of the P&L
- Performs on-going cost rolls on a periodic basis to keep standards cost structure current and month-end inventory reconciliations
- Oversee and manage monthly accounting entries to record material and inventory consumption
- Works with purchasing, maintains a monthly Purchase Price Variance (PPV) report and establishes a capitalized PPV variance to be booked monthly
- Calculates obsolete, excess and lower of cost of market (LCM) inventory reserves and all related reporting and present them for the CFO review and approval
- Prepares MTD/QTD/YTD inventory roll forward analysis based on sales forecasting process.
- Provides audit oversight from a finance perspective on cycle count and WIP validation systems.
Education / Training
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance