Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employs over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for a Senior Counsel to be a member of the global legal
department and will report to the VP Legal (Latin America). This position is responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating various business-related agreements and will provide general legal advice on a variety of matters to the Procurement team.
Qualifications / Requirements
You are open-minded, passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity and transparency.
- Superior contract drafting and negotiation skills with the ability to quickly understand business objectives of an agreement, identify related issues and facilitate risk/benefits analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate legal issues to clients in a clear and understandable manner.
- Excellent organizational, time management and decision-making skills, with the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Goal-oriented team player.
- Conduct work with integrity and responsibility
- Providing legal support to the Procurement team.
- Strong focus on contracting (identifying and resolving legal issues), including drafting and negotiation support.
- Support development of business capability through delivery of training to Procurement team, and varied stakeholder audiences as necessary, including on:
Contracting (legal and negotiation issues);
- Company’s policies and procedures, and governance requirements.
- Support claims management and dispute resolution as required.
- Underpinning strong legal and business governance, ensuring escalation of issues and supporting internal approval processes for contracts and supply strategies.
- Support local/regional Procurement team in the implementation of procurement policies and procedures (aligning with central team as necessary), and delivering process analysis and improvement over time.
- Engage and work closely with the LATAM country legal teams to collaborate.
Education / Training
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school.
- BAR membership required (Florida BAR preferred).
- 7 + years of relevant experience at a reputable law firm and/or in-house legal
department, with strong corporate generalist and commercial skills and experience handling international transactions and commercial contracts in English and Spanish.
- Must be fully bilingual (written and spoken Spanish/English)
- Technology, telecom and/or media experience a plus.
- Procurement/supply chain experience a strong plus.