Our client designs and manufactures continuous inkjet printers to apply identification marks to almost any kind of material for a wide range of industrial sectors, including food and beverage. And these printers are sold exclusively through a network of distributors in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia Pacific.
They are looking for an FPGA Engineer to join their team in Arlington, Texas!
This is a great opportunity to join a company wholly owned by a successful UK-based publicly listed business, with a great collaborative environment and opportunities to grow.
You will be part of a multi-discipline team, lead the electronic and FPGA aspects of the design but working closely with software and mechanical engineers and the wider project team to bring the product to market.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Design analogue and digital electronic designs from requirements
- Proficiency in Verilog and Altera tools.
- Proven experience in architecting FPGA designs
- Proven experience in splitting designs between SW and FPGA
- Use of ModelSim for verification
- Debugging embedded systems
Desirable professional experience
- Previous experience with Altera devices and toolchain (Quartus, QSys and SignalTap).
- Previous experience with soft core processors (NIOS) and Altera Avalon interface.
- Previous experience within the printing industry would be a benefit.
- Designing for EMC and product safety compliance.
- Design verification and compliance to requirements at PCB, integration, and system level.
- Schematic design – from requirements to delivery of tested system into production
- FPGA design – understand requirements to deliver fully tested solution into production
- PCB design – management of off-site layout engineers to deliver required designs efficiently
- System design – understanding power, noise, EMC, communication requirements
- Requirements capture – use tools to capture and trace requirements to ensure compliance
- Take responsibility for the FPGA/Electrical design, development and testing of components, assemblies, sub-systems and products at the functional level.
- Contribute to the effective management of projects as a whole, leading FPGA/electronics aspects.
- Relative to the requirements defined, assess options, make recommendations, and select appropriate solutions to meet the requirements. Engage with peer/design review processes, FMEA methods, cross functional team members and drive to achieve high quality solutions
- Make and support design decision making with good quality data from calculation/analysis thru simulation, prototyping and functional test results.
- Continuously build skills, competency and knowledge in FPGA/electronic design, manufacturing and the industry in general to ensure our designs and methods are efficient and reliable.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering or related subject
- 4+ years of experience within a product development environment
- Designing analogue and/or embedded digital electronics circuits
- Proficiency in Verilog and experience in VHDL
- Proficiency in Altera tools – Quartus, QSys, SignalTap, Altera Avalon interface
- Good working experience of test equipment – oscilloscopes, Logic analysers, etc.
- Design for and testing to product safety approvals
- Design for and testing to EMC standards
- Life, health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K (6% match)
- Fitness plan
- MetLaw Legal Plan
- Matching gift program
- Employee Assistance Program