Our client is the leading manufacturing of gelatin and vegetarian empty capsules since 2002. With 19 years of e-commerce experience, they are the #1 seller of empty capsules online. The company offers a vertically integrated supply chain model to insure reliable long-term supply, complete traceability, and superior quality of raw materials.
The company is searching for a Senior Project manager to assist in creating and scaling our e-commerce 3PL project. The ideal candidate for this position has an extensive background in e-commerce fulfillment and logistics. This person is a veteran in his knowledge of the 3PL industry and e-commerce processes and practices. They have the passion to build efficient processes and consistently innovate.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in operations, logistics, supply chain, business, or equivalent work experience.
• At a minimum, 8-10 years of progressive operations, fulfillment, logistics, and warehouse management experience – we prefer a complex in-house operation.
• Proven track record of operational excellence / lean/continuous improvement for supply chain responsiveness and optimization.
• Experience with domestics and international logistics.
• Knowledge and practice of lean manufacturing methodologies, logistics management, domestic and international transportation, and the systems’ processes and metrics that support continuous improvements.
• New product launch and/or establishment of the supply chain for new markets
• Extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of the parcel, freight, and intermodal transportation areas.
• Experience in direct-to-consumer package fulfillment.
• Fluency in Microsoft Excel is a requirement – you must be an excel wizard.
• Deep experience with WMS systems and partnerships with product teams to build new functionalities & the ability to communicate your analysis and recommendations.
• A growth mindset and passion for building something new with a talented team
• Excellent analytical skills and solid business acumen.
• Direct and establish processes for the fulfillment, integrated business planning, warehouse & fulfillment management, and logistics
• Establish and manage relationships with courier service providers
• Arrange and develop process improvement ideas and implement solutions to enhance the operating quality and efficiency of the operation
• Lead the oversight of logistics for the company to ensure the inbound and outbound flow of goods and materials is on time while maintaining trade compliance rules of the sources of manufacture and supply for import/export for both routine and ‘one off’ logistics needs
• Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
• Identifying key market growth opportunities and developing logistics strategies and processes to execute on the revenue goals of the company.
• Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools.
Education / Training
Bachelor’s degree in operations, logistics, supply chain, business, or equivalent.