Our client is into the visual content studios industry and is currently seeking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their team. The main requirements of the position are PHP, CakePHP, Phalcon and Web Application building experience.
Qualifications / Requirements
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related Engineering degree is highly preferred or equivalent work experience with demonstrated proficiency
- 3+ years commercial software development experience and proven experience with a modern web application development language such as Ruby, Java, PHP or C/C++.
- Strong background in the end-to-end development of high performance solutions which have required a focus on scale, usability, and iterative code deployments.
- Experience on small agile software development teams, and an understanding of the full software development lifecycle from inception through maturity
- Strong understanding of design patterns/anti-patterns and best practices with scripting languages
- Experience in many of the following:
- Building API centric solutions
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server
- Software testing, issue tracking and continuous integration tools: Cucumber, Rspec, Jira, Pivotal, Jenkins
- Software version control tools/services: Git
- Servers: Linux (Ubuntu), Apache, Nginx
- Caching & queuing: Redis, Memcache, RabbitMQ
- Willingness to learn new technologies and acquire new skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining quality standards
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Customer satisfaction oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a principal engineer on full stack web applications using best practices such as TDD, pair programming and peer review.
- Perform peer code reviews to uncover potential bugs and ensure code conforms to development standards
- Conduct application testing
- Attend and participate in release and sprint planning meetings and daily stand ups
- Deploy code into cloud production environment as needed
- Provide technical feedback on tasks to ensure the best possible solutions are developed
- Troubleshoot escalations and provide root cause analysis when necessary
Education / Training
BA/BS in Computer Science or a related Engineering degree or equivalent work experience.