Our client is ranked among the world’s largest manufacturers of circuit breakers, switches, power distribution units, digital switching systems, and electronic controls with registered manufacturing facilities and technical sales offices worldwide.
They are seeking a Software Engineer to translate UI/UX design concepts to code for highly interactive and graphically rich monitoring and control applications.
You will work with the UI/UX designer to bridge the gap between conceptual design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as it works. You will also work on the back-end interface, connecting live parametric data to the user interface in real-time.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in designing and developing web applications/platforms
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required (5-10%)
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- History of adhering to best design practices
- Proficient understanding of 3D graphics (three, js, WebGL)
- Understanding of the size and performance differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and how to compensate for them
- Proficient understanding of Linux system configuration
- Experience developing with code versioning tools, such as Git or SVN
- Strong analytical, assessment, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work, communicate, and maintain positive working relationships in a small team environment
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal
- Produce and/or assist in the production of end-user documentation for the UI component of the system
- Collaborate with customers and other disciplines in requirements capturing
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs on targeted browser platforms
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Develop and execute automated regression tests to ensure high quality for web applications which will be deployed in a disconnected environment
- Provide high-level technical support to field application engineers
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time