Our client, a Luxurious Boutique Hotel, is currently looking for a Sous Chef.
• Responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets.
• Deliver the best possible experience the restaurant, room service and events guests.
• Operate kitchen efficiently.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen.
• Ensures all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet the restaurant’s specifications and commitment to quality.
• Responsible for making sure the kitchen is adequately staffed in all areas.
• Maintain Food Cost between 28%-30% range and control direct expenses and labor within Budget.
• Maintain a safe, orderly and clean kitchen and demonstrate this by example, using proper food handling techniques.
• Schedule and coordinate the work of all kitchen associates to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
• Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
• Safeguard all food preparation associates by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
• Establish controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
• Evaluate products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
• Develop policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually update written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
• Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
• Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
• Ensure that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
• Periodically visit dining area when it is open to welcome members.
• Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
• Assist other associates whenever possible to provide excellent service.
• All dishes should be present to guest at all time with quality and consistency regardless of the shift the check of the cook who prepared it.
Education / Training
- Proven work history as a sous chef or supervisor in high volume restaurant / hotel.
- Competitive pay.
- Paid vacation.
- Health ,dental and vision insurance.