Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employees over 12,000 people around the world. This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked in the top 25 of multinational companies of the “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
They are currently looking for a SOX Controls Testing Senior Manager, to join their team in El Salvador.
In this role, you will take a leadership role within the company’s Group Business Controls, a team that aims to provide practical hands-on support to all our operations to enable them to design, implement, stabilize, and optimize their internal controls. You will be responsible for scoping, planning, coordinating, and reporting on the testing of SOX controls within all operations in scope for SOX at the company.
They are looking for open-minded and passionate candidates. Someone committed to the timely delivery of a job well done and that behaves with integrity and transparency.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Highly experienced auditor with deep SOX experience
- Internal controls specialist with experience in planning and running a full SOX testing cycle, ideally with a Big 4 background
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience including a minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing, training, and developing a team with various levels of experience and competency
- Qualified accountant, internal auditor and/or equivalent postgraduate professional qualification (e.g. CISA)
- Experience of working in a complex multinational and multicultural corporate environment
- Knowledge and experience in the telecommunication industry an advantage
The role will be based in our newly established SOX testing Centre of Excellence (COE) in El Salvador. No international travel will be required in the short term. You will report to the Head of Business Controls.
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced applicants currently working in Internal Controls, External Audit, SOX compliance or Internal Audit to lead a team of internal control professionals in a fast-paced leading telecommunications and media multinational Group. You will work as part of the wider Business Controls team, with a range of stakeholders across the businesses and external consultants. There is scope to use this role to develop your career across the wider company’s Group.
This is a newly created role with the responsibility to lead the global SOX testing program and requires the combination of excellent people and organization skills with deep subject matter technical knowledge.
You will bring strong experience of risk and internal controls covering our three streams of controls: 1) Business processes, 2) Sales to collect, 3) IT general controls/IT automated controls.
The role, whilst under the guidance of the Head of Business Controls, requires a high level of autonomy and leadership in the areas of people management and development, delivery of the SOX testing program, control testing methodology and testing innovation, relationship management with internal/external parties and contract management.
Required technical skills and experience:
- Detailed knowledge of SOX 404 requirements, processes, documentation and remediation
- Detailed understanding of internal controls testing methodology requirements in terms of sample, frequency, etc.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of core financial controls and the sales to collect cycle
- Strong understanding of technology risk and the application of IT General Controls and IT automated controls