Prepare journal entries, perform account analysis and provide accounting support to divisions, administrative departments.
Responsibilities include analysis of key Income Statement and Balance Sheet Accounts.
Identifying /initiating correction of errors found. Will develop and maintain compliance with accounting controls, will assisting with the month end book closing and reporting process to parent company; qualified individual will also provide technical accounting support as may be required. This role requires the ability to work with minimal guidance and a high level of initiative.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Working knowledge and experience in a general accounting /ledger environment in large organizations.
- Previous Experience in the Hospitality Industry
- Bilingual, English / Spanish
- Knowledge of Opera, Microsoft Office and M3
- Flexible Working Schedule
- Manage key monthly accounting procedure(s) including Inventory processes, Intercompany processes, material Accruals and Affiliate companies Accounting Support.
- Income Audit
- Financial Analysis, Financial Reports and Consolidations
- Perform monthly review of General Ledger Accounts, emphasizing early detection of problems and or issues. Clear and early communication to Management of the problem and potential solutions is required.
- This role works directly with Divisional Groups to resolve issues identified and take initiative to prevent issues from occurring.
- M3 & Opera Software
- Assist in the supervision, training and developing of A/P & A/R staff and Accounting Assistant’s functions.
- Analyze statistics, departments and POR expenses for the entire portfolio
- Develop reports / improve process to facilitate timely month-end closings and enhanced reporting accuracy.
Education / Training
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting