Our client, Residential and Commercial Mortgage services company located in Brickell, is currently searching for a Senior Loan Officer that will be responsible for managing the mortgage loan unit focused on the development of the viable business of residential and commercial loans.
The position focuses on coordinating all the stages required to specify the loan applications for individuals and companies, as well as ensuring compliance with State and Federal regulations that regulate the operation.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) active from the State of Florida (NMLS License) which must have been active for the past 5 consecutive years.
- Academic training in areas such as finance, credit management, business management or management.
- Proficiency in at least two languages (English, Spanish or Portuguese preferably).
- Ability and experience in the management of credit processing software and Lead Engagements such as EnCompass and Velocify.
- Demonstrated experience in areas related to the mortgage market and all related aspects.
- Corporate Training.
- Real Estate License (Not mandatory)
- Arrange for the use of your license before the NMLS with the company, as well as keep it an active status.
- Develop strategic relationships with the Lenders necessary to guarantee diversity of credit programs (Residential, Commercial, Construction, Hospitality, others)
- Maintain close relationships with strategic allies, such as real estate agents, title houses, insurance agents, professional associations and groupings linked to the real estate market.
- Ensure timely treatment and under standards of professional ethics to the clients of the company, to keep it informed during the loan process.
- Manage and present presentations to potential clients and sources of references.
- Evaluate the client’s financial position to determine in a timely manner the appropriate product applicable to their case.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of the process of each client, to take corrective actions in a timely manner if required.
- Work with the Board of Directors in the collection and monitoring of all the necessary data related to the origination of loans, with the objective of determining the most profitable and efficient way to Generate Leads.
- Participate in sales meetings or events as necessary.
- Provide marketing ideas to the marketing team or company in charge.
- Know the applicants (clients) and guide them through the credit application process. Determine, in conjunction with the MLO if the person or company is qualified for a loan.
- Review loan agreements to ensure they comply with current state and federal regulations.
- Have knowledge of the credit products, applicable in each case, as well as the rules, regulations and required documentation of the industry.
- Stay informed during the processing and analysis of the operation of each client.
- Support during the processing of operations, before any impediment or delays in responses by the client.
- Hold periodic meetings with the team in charge and set meetings to report the results of their management.
- Design strategies to capture new MLOs to the company.
- Ensure compliance with the goals and budget defined by the company, as well as analyze the actions to be taken in cases of non-compliance.
Education / Training
- 10 to 15 years of experience in the supervision and management of residential and commercial loans in Banking or Mortgage Brokers (Loan Officers, Processing, Lenders, insurance agencies, title companies).
- In equivalent areas of sales or real estate in the State of Florida, which allows you to demonstrate your knowledge of the local real estate market.
- In compliance with guidelines in residential (FHA, VA, FNMA, and FHLMC) and commercial operations.
- Preparation of reports, updates, renewals, and other necessary procedures before the NMLS.
- Audits and file review processes (post-closing)
- Customer management experience: recruitment, identification, processing, among others; as well as the preparation and understanding of credit files and all activities related to the effective closing of operations.
- Team leadership, assertive communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Professionalism and ability to respond to situations and people related to the area.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Practical knowledge of the mortgage processing and application software EnCompass.
- Passion for the Mortgage market.
- Consistent and structured.
- Team management and delegate functions.
- Pressure management.