Our clients is a large Telecommunication company located in Miami, Florida
Qualifications / Requirements
The Sr. Accountant, Tax will primarily support the daily routines of the Accounting Department. Reporting to the Controller, this position will prepare, enter and post journal entries as well as evaluate entries for completeness and accuracy; research and correct account discrepancies; coordinate accounting entries with other departments; prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and reconcile balance sheet accounts as needed; analyze financial statements variances giving proper explanations. Additionally, this role is responsible for the completion and filing of US Federal and State Taxes and completion and maintenance of the transfer pricing model adopted by the company.
- Prepare journal entries, entry data on the accounting system and reconcile accounts in the balance sheet on a monthly basis.
- Prepares periodic annual, semi-annual and quarterly tax reports and forms across multiple tax jurisdictions in USA; work on transfer pricing calculation compiling all data necessary to complete periodic tax returns.
- Preparation and maintenance of annual tax calendar to assure compliance with filing requirements for US.
- Completion of periodic estimates tax payments and supporting calculations.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial accounting statements including balance sheet, income statement and other reports as needed
- Book the necessary accruals. Monitor expenditures, analyze the monthly & quarterly variances ensuring data is recorded in the accounting system in a timely basis
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Research tax regulatory and compliance rules
- Serve as lead resource for implementation of new tax accounting policies
- Responds to federal and states tax correspondence.
- Other accounting duties as assigned.
Education / Training
- Accounting degree (CPA), BS/BA degree with major in Accounting.
- 8+ years of experience working with taxes and accounting.
- Spanish is a plus.
- Proven experience completing and filing Federal and State Taxes in USA, including the transfer pricing calculation methodology.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Able to interact with others and be a team-player
- Can engage with individuals at every level of an organization
- Ability to work independently & in a team environment
- Self-managed and self-starter
- Disposition to manage, analyze and work with legal documents.
- Strong organizational and time management discipline.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize key needs to provide quick resolutions.
- Experience with Great Plains or any other ERP system and strong working knowledge of MS Excel.