Are you looking to expand your Accounting experience? Then this opportunity is for you!
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our client, the best center console for boat distribution, offshore fishing, diving & more, with the highest demand in boats and commercial grow at the moment.
This is your opportunity to have an immediate and visible impact on our client business as a key member of the Finance and Accounting team.
Location: Opa Locka
Qualifications / Requirements
- 2-3 years of solid accounting experience required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting
- Experience with Excel, QuickBooks, Acumatica ERP, or other ERP
- Ability to travel periodically (less than 5%)
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for closing; streamline existing processes and shorten the timeline(s)
- Assist with the production of monthly close package and other financial presentations to company shareholders
- Assist with inventory valuation process for monthly estimates and quarterly counts
- Support quarterly and year-end physical inventories and recommend improvements
- Interface with outside audit firms(s) and banks as necessary
- Manage the monthly sales tax return
- Develop ad hoc analyses as requested by management and shareholders
- Capex tracking, asset management and tangible property tax filings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education / Training
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other quantitative discipline
- Great benefits
- Opportunity to grow