Our client is a Global leader in the retail industry. Right now they are looking for a Staff Accountant. To Support accounting in the daily maintenance of general ledger and balance sheet accounts and schedules.
- Ensure that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards.
- Assist with accounting and general ledger projects.
- Assist with special projects assigned by management.
- Participate in ERP migration remediation task force by reviewing daily reports, gathering information for management and following up on identified issues.
- Maintains and updates balance sheet account detail schedules.
- Reviews prepaid accounts and general accruals to ensure timely expensing.
- Monitors balance sheet suspense accounts and works with Senior Accountant to ensure all postings are allocated and/or reclassified as needed.
- Prepares summary reconciliation schedules for multiple balance sheet accounts.
- Assists in the preparation of general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Participate in ERP remediation task force reviewing daily discrepancies and following up on corrective actions as instructed by management.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Education / Training
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in general ledger reconciliation.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel. Ability to use multiple formulas combined (Sumifs, vlookup, match, index).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages, SAP B1, Oracle preferred.
- Tier I or Tier II ERP knowledge.
- Corporate experience preferred
- Maintain and continually develop professional dispensing skills and knowledge.
- Successfully complete the clients training requirements in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate dedication to honest and ethical business practices at all times.
- Uphold company standards to professional behavior in all business dealings.
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.