Our client is a Global leader in the retail industry. Right now they are looking for a Supply Chain Controller / Inventory Accountant. For monitoring, verifying, analyzing, and reporting information that helps in the continuous improvement and accuracy of operational performance, inventory control, cost control and other relevant financial information.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Hands-on process-driven individual who delivers timely and accurate plant financial reporting.
- Has a strong understanding of manufacturing cost accounting and performs all cost accounting processes within the plant including: absorption, manufacturing variances, plant labor, purchase price variance for raw materials, standard cost to replacement cost reconciliation, inventory count procedures and reconciliations.
- Very strong knowledge of all components of re-manufacturing and/or manufacturing accounting methods and compliance with GAAP/IFRS including: standard vs average costing, absorption, manufacturing variances, PPV, standard cost to replacement cost reconciliation, job order vs. process costing, warranty accruals and core accounting.
- Very strong knowledge of all components of cost accounting and analysis including break even, make vs buy, product profitability and activity based costing
The right candidate will be a process-driven thinker who is comfortable taking initiatives for a continuous improvement mentality. This candidate will have the opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities after demonstrated success.
- Performs all financial accounting processes within the plant including: period end close, account reconciliations, general ledger maintenance, inventory valuation and verification (including monthly reconciliations to sub-ledger, in both units and dollars), warranty accruals, procure to pay, order to cash, plant payroll (regular and O/T), and daily bank reconciliations.
- Performs inventory reconciliations by SKU by store to monitor inventory planning/allocations as well as inventory supply by SKU in the warehouse to avoid both stock-out and over-stock situations.
- Ensure that all transactions and reports are completed according to GAAP, IFRS and corporate policy.
- Document and implement the accounting processes including the identification of key controls for all plant assets and activities
- Assure all inventory processes are conducted according to corporate policies & procedures and provide transparent variance analyses
- Lead the preparation of analyses of daily/weekly/monthly results vs. budget, forecast, and/or prior year.
- Identify key drivers and performance trends and recommend actions as appropriate.
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget and forecasts ensuring alignment with operations decisions, identification of risks/opportunities, and the development and management of contingency plans to close performance gaps
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis in support of business decision making as needed
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and professional designation (CMA/CPA) required.
- 8 – 10 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing organization
- Five plus years of hands-on plant controllership experience required.
- Ideally has accounting related re-manufacturing experience and/or automotive industry manufacturing experience.
- Hands on experience working in ERP systems, SAP B1 and DVI experience a plus
- Demonstrates excellent critical thinking and “hands-on” analytical skills.
- Must be a process-driven thinker and goal oriented.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of internal control processes and a transparent communication style.
- Displays ethical behavior and business practices.
- Experience in IT systems conversions (i.e., POS, general ledger, sub-ledger creation and reconciliation).
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, plus excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Experience implementing accounting policies through strong process and automation.
- Ability to prepare professional detailed analysis.