If you are looking for the opportunity to grow and to take your career to the next level, this is for you.
Our client is an offshore cloud solution provider based in Nassau, Bahamas, and right now they are looking for a Systems Engineer.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 3 – 5 years working in a computer based technical field (preference granted to those with direct Service Provider expertise).
- Computer related degree or certifications (i.e., MCSE, RHCSE, MySQL, Oracle, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, VCP, VCAP, and PCNSE) are an advantage.
- Uses skills as a seasoned experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative and practical ways.
- Mastery of Systems Administration.
- Handles long running issues with tickets potentially lasting for weeks.
- Takes on high risks tasks and is a mentor to all junior colleagues.
- Works with Senior Engineers and Architects supporting ongoing technical projects.
- Constantly improving service model and practices, open to sharing knowledge with team.
- Migration advice and point of contact for clients.
- Create documentation for the development of standards and processes within the C3 Team.
- 24 x 7 x 365 operations and shift work.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, and/or OpenStack.
- Open source community experience (mailing lists, bug reports, patches etc.);
- Demonstrated skill in various scripting languages, such as Bash, Python.
- Working knowledge of automation scripting and framework.
- Ubuntu skills (actual certifications preferred but not required). Other Linux/Unix a plus.
- Support complex applications with distributed architectures.
- Must be eager to learn and build your career in a fast paced startup environment.
Enjoy working in the beauty of The Bahamas!.
If you want to make a difference and have what it takes to change the world we want to hear from you.
Healthcare Insurance for employee and dependents
15 days paid vacations
10 paid federal holidays
Bonus up to 20% Based on performance