Our client is a company that offers wealth advisory solutions, and right now they are looking for a Trading Operations Specialist to join the team and build and scale the technology solutions designed to change the way wealth is managed.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in roles focused on securities trading and/or portfolio accounting and data management.
- Highly motivated individual who has a desire to learn, and an ability to think creatively in a demanding environment.
- Remain calm yet highly focused and effective when under duress, such as when a process fails
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to perform complex problem solving
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail
- 4-year college degree (or higher).
- Degrees in finance, math, engineering, or scientific disciplines are preferred.
- Technical experience is also valued, including:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- SQL / relational database experience
- Knowledge of VBA, R, Python or other analytical applications
- Experience working closely with developers/product management, including writing use cases for developers
- Learn and execute the daily trading operations processes from end-to-end
- Analyze current processes and continually strive to improve them, including increased usability, transparency, and documentation
- Develop a zero-tolerance attitude for trading and accounting errors, working to reduce risks of errors and quickly eradicate any that may arise
- Work closely with other internal departments, including Customer Service and Technology to develop workflows, quality assurance processes, and product enhancements.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with all internal associates, including other operations personnel and customer service team members.
- Contact vendors and internal associates to resolve data, trading, or any operations problems.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders in response to their data related questions.
- Perform other duties as required.