ASAP Staffing Services is helping our client, one of the largest independently owned Mortgage Banks in the nation, hire dynamic, high-energy mortgage underwriters to join their team.
Our client was voted the top 5 of the 50 Best Companies to Work for 2019.
If you are a talented Underwriter that is looking for a new company to call home and working remote, apply now!
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of three years of mortgage underwriting experience, with a solid working knowledge of underwriting guidelines.
- Experience with private investor and private mortgage insurance guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal-communication and business-relationship skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent analytical, written communication, and verbal communication skills.
- Technologically proficient.
- Proficient using Compass.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Completes a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor, and FHA/VA guidelines.
- Evaluates the entire credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensures an “investment” quality loan product.
- Checks the accuracy of all calculations and data integrity.
- Completion of all required underwriting worksheets found in Fast Trac 360 Resource Center.
- Assists with the training of new underwriters. – Recommends the loan disposition to underwriting manager for loan amounts in excess of authority limitation.
- Maintains company standard for productivity level, and complies with company policy of 48 hour underwriting turnaround time and 24 hour turnaround time for clearing conditions.
- Strives to meet 3 decisions/day within the allotted time – Communicates decision on loans to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing.
- Maintains underwriting activity logs and provides monthly underwriting report to underwriting manager.
- Available to processors and correspondents for general guideline interpretations and questions on specific loan files.
- Responds to post-closing reviews and audits in a timely fashion.
- Performs related duties, as directed by Underwriting or Operations Manager.