Our client is an innovative company within the e-commerce industry, that has been featured in Elle, Refinery29, InTouch, and Yahoo! Finance, and they are currently looking for an VP Category Manager to lead their stellar Merchandising team, in Doral/Miami, Florida.
This role will own the business growth strategy, category P&L delivery, and continuously assess products and services to stay ahead of the competition. The VP Category Manager will be a team leader and mentor in a high-pace environment so clear and effective leadership is critical.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong profficiency level and experience with Magento
- Experience with financial analysis and modeling
- Extensive experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience planning both seasonal and replenishment based categories
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of and complex data into usable/actionable information
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results in a data-driven, fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Prepare the Merchandising department to scale the business
- Work in conjunction with the COO to develop the goals of the Category Management team
- Ensure Merchandising is planning and delivering on all key P/L Metrics such as Sales, GM, ASP, CPU, Rebate %, and more
- Negotiate high stakes and complex funding and cost deals across the biggest manufactures in our Industry
- Develop and execute overall product assortment strategy to maximize sales and new customer acquisition
- Lead a complex or large vendor network of partners
- Develop strategies for increasing vendor support
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across businesses to execute the strategy effectively, both on replenishment, seasonal, and OTB categories
- Oversee high-level direction and approve tactical, administrative or operational policies to ensure achievement of objectives
- Partner with Merchandising Operations and IT to increase conversion
- Generate new Merchandising concepts to gain incremental sales
- Interject new insights and ideas for improving customer experience and improving financials while holding true to our fundamentals
- Position may require travel
Education / Training
- BA/BS (MBA preferred)
- 8-10 years in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing.
- Alternate profile- Willing to consider candidates with less experience who have advanced degrees and are working for top consulting firms.
- + 8 years negotiation experience