The Warehouse Lead plans, oversees and participates in the warehouse operations and activities of the business which includes product receiving, inventory check-in, put away, order printing, order filling, kit building and supply tracking. The Warehouse Lead will also train and provide work direction to assigned personnel. Reports to Warehouse Manager
Qualifications / Requirements
3 to 5 years of warehouse lead or coordinator experience.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery.
- Receive, identify, mark and store inventory and supplies sent to the warehouse according to established procedures.
- Print orders; fill orders; prepare packages for shipping according to established procedures.
- Operate Infortrax computer system to print orders; Operate FedEx manifest system to print shipping labels; Run computer reports and maintain inventory as required. Assist with providing necessary security within the warehouse.
- Train, provide work direction and coordinate the schedules and activities of assigned personnel; assist in training workers in order filling, shipping and inventory procedures Communicate with various company personnel, departments, vendors and others to provide and receive information, resolve questions and issues, and coordinate activities.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment and vehicles; utilize a variety of hand tools as required; arrange for the maintenance and repair of warehouse equipment as needed.
- Maintain a variety of records, files and reports; maintain records of inventory and request supplies as necessary.
- Conduct inventory counts.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Supervisory: Lead warehouse workers
Education / Training
High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and two years increasingly responsible experience in a warehouse facility including supervision of warehouse personnel.
- Understanding of warehousing and inventory procedures including shipping, receiving and order filling, proper and orderly storage, optimum space utilization and housekeeping
- Knowledge of inventory procedures
- Experience with materials, equipment and supplies used in a warehouse
- Use of proper lifting techniques
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Ability to plan, oversee and participate in the warehouse operations
- Ability to receive, store, pick-up and ship orders
- Ability to train and provide work direction to others
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately
- Operate a computer terminal.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Capable of lifting moderate to heavy objects.
- Ability to maintain records, inventory and prepare basic reports
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Sense of urgency to complete daily workload.