Our client is a comprehensive financial services firm specializing in employee benefit programs, executive benefits, and insurance. They provide complete services and products for individuals, families, businesses, and their employees.
They are currently looking for an Account Manager in the Employee Benefits department to provide a proactive and consistent service model to the assigned book of business. The day-to-day responsibility focuses on managing the relationship and being the subject matter expert to support the client’s Employee Benefits program.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Experience managing all lines of employee benefits coverage including alternate funding arrangements (e.g., self-insured, ASO, level-funded)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Exceptional abstract reasoning and analytical capabilities
- Skilled in time-management and prioritizing objectives
- Minimum of 4 years Employee Benefits brokerage experience
- College Degree or Equivalent Industry Experience
- Applicable State Life and Disability License
- Business Acumen
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Natural Problem Solving.
In this role, the Account Manager serves as the client service contact performing an array of account management duties on an assigned book of business. In this team environment, you will also support the Producer’s and/or Account Executive’s service philosophy/strategy on various account management activities (including but not limited to):
- Ensure client satisfaction and delivering an exceptional level of customer service in a professional and timely manner
- Coordinate marketing employee benefit programs with an internal marketing specialist
- Coordinate and prepare renewal and new business proposals, presentation materials and supporting documents as necessary
- Prepare and analyze financial reports as needed
- Review contracts, amendments and SPDs for accuracy and coverage; identify errors and coordinate corrections with the carrier/vendor.
- Provide claims, eligibility, billing and plan administration advocacy and resolution
- Maintain effective working relationships with carriers, vendors and internal stakeholders
- Maintain broad knowledge base of vendor products and underwriting requirements
- Coordinate and conduct client presentations including open enrollment meetings, benefit fairs, and renewal presentations
- Maintain ownership of the agency management system (documents, emails, phone calls, contracts, internal processes and procedures, etc.)
- Maintain current working knowledge of industry legislative and compliance issues including, but not limited to: ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, FMLA, etc.