Our client is a leader within the telecommunications industry and right now they are looking for an Accounting Clerk to join their team.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and be detail oriented.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Advanced Excel required)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High integrity individual
- Ability to build confidence and trust with department members and external business partners
- A strong work ethic and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Team player, able to be flexible and work well with others as a team player, as well as able to understand how own role impacts overall processes and step into other roles when necessary
- All accounting and reporting duties under both US GAAP and IFRS.
- Preparation of deliverables for internal and external auditors
- Journal Entry posting
- Reconciliation of GL Accounts, review and timely issue resolution
- Preparation of reporting material to Corporate Headquarters under the supervision of the Accounting Manager.
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Assist with ad hoc analyses and projects
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Accounting – Or working towards a degree.
- Experience with external auditors
- US GAAP
- Accounting experience
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Knowledge of accounting for the Telecommunications industry
- Month-end closing experience
- G/L Account Reconciliation experience
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this person is key for managing the flow of financial information across the Financial Statements. Responsible for month end closings and balance sheet reconciliations, this position must be very detailed and organized to ensure that all information that makes it to the Financial Statements is adequately backed up and has sufficient audit trail and will be heavily involved with the preparation of deliverables for the audits.