Our client, an innovative social marketing company within the Beauty & Cosmetics Industry, is looking for an Accounting Manager to perform accounting work required to maintain the company’s General Ledger and working directly with the Director of Accounting.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Experience with Direct Sales Industry a huge plus
- Ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures
- Communication skills (Bilingual English & Spanish is a must)
- Management skills
- Experience with implementation of and ERP system
- Oversees the daily accounting activities required to maintain the company’s general ledger.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Supervises, directs, and reviews the work of the accounting staff (including but not limited to, bank reconciliations, vendor statement reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, payroll, accounts payable transactions, recording of revenue and expenses, sales tax filing, etc.).
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other accounting department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Maintains and organizes set of detail records and files to document financial transactions.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, VP of Finance, and the board of directors regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Director of Accounting to ensure a clean and timely yearend audit.
- Reviews the general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure the accuracy of posting.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Director of Accounting with special projects and workflow process improvements.
Education / Training
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA Preferred.
- 8 years of experience
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)