Today we are looking for a Buyer to work with our client, the best center console for boat distribution, offshore fishing, diving & more in Miami, with the highest demand in boats and commercial grow at the moment.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 2-3 years of experience as buyer, purchasing agent or relevant role
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, QuickBooks, and other ERP systems
- Understanding of best manufacturing practices
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Create Purchase Orders (POs) based on purchase requisitions and supply requests; Monitor stock levels
- Close follow up and tracking of deliveries and production shortages and needs, verify receipt of items
- Obtain pricing and lead time information from vendors; consider/identify constraints
- Review and resolve invoice and receiving discrepancies with supplier.
- Keep information accessible by sorting and filing documents electronically
- Keeps management updated on daily status, upcoming pricing changes and critical items
- Assists in other related areas of material and supply management.
- Obtain recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtain approval from internal customers for substitutions and alternates
Education / Training
- Additional qualifications in Lean Manufacturing. Ie. Certifications, post graduate degree
- Start up / green field projects experience
- BS/BA in business administration or relevant field
Marine, automotive or aerospace background
- Results driven, team player, engaged and committed
- Detail oriented, hands-on mentality
- Ability to communicate effectively
- High intelligence with ability to apply common sense to decision points
- Able to efficiently work in multicultural environments