Our client is a innovative Full Service Luxurious Boutique Hotel, part of a growing corporation is now looking for a professional Chef to join their team as leader of their main restaurant. Someone experienced in budgeting, food preparation, food safety with the ability to organize the kitchen and train the staff.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Flexible work schedule including weekends and nights
- Bilingual or at least some Spanish because there are 3 cooks that only speaks Spanish
- To be responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets.
- Deliver the best possible experience to our restaurant, room service and events guests
- Operate kitchen as efficiently as possible
- Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen
- Ensures all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant’s specifications and commitment to quality.
- Responsible for making sure the kitchen is adequately staffed in all areas
- Maintain Food Cost between 25%-30% range and control direct expenses and labor within Budget.
- Maintain a safe, orderly and clean kitchen and demonstrate this by example, using proper food handling techniques
- Schedule and coordinate the work of all kitchen associates to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Safeguard all food preparation associates by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Establish controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Evaluate products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Develop policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually update written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensure that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visit dining area when it is open to welcome members.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Assist other associates whenever possible to provide excellent service.
- All dishes should be present to guest at all time with quality and consistency regardless of the shift the check of the cook who prepared it.
- 5 years of proven work history as a Chef or supervisor in high volume restaurant / hotel