ASAP Staffing Services is helping our client, a roofing and construction company, hire a dynamic, high-energy Commercial Roofing Estimator to join the team. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, driven, and a self-starter.
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following qualifications and abilities…
Qualifications / Requirements
- Engineering / Mathematics / Business focused bachelor’s degree.
- Extreme attention to detail, plus the ability to understand the context and ramifications of the details.
- Knowledge of price and cost analysis sufficient to review proposals against previous history, actual and estimated expenditures, and established rates to determine price reasonableness or to determine a negotiation position.
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office products, Eagle View, FCS, and the Edge.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving history. MVR will be completed upon hire.
- Experience in the Roofing Industry – roof replacements and repairs on Single Ply (TPO), Metal, Modified Bitumen, Shingles, etc. is desired.
- Project Management Experience is a plus.
- Work with the Executive Team to generate and/or identify new project opportunities.
- Assist with the Pre-Construction efforts of the company. Works closely with the Field Superintendent in preparation for transition to construction.
- Analyze plans and specifications to determine the scope of each project and prepare estimates.
- Prepare conceptual estimates from a preliminary floor plan or sketch.
- Prepare and submit pre-bid questions. Notify team members of resolutions and/or addendums. Attend pre-bid meetings (site visits) as necessary.
- Read blueprints, contract documents, project manuals, Scopes of Work (SOW) or specifications, and technical documents to prepare estimates.
- Collaborate with architects and/or engineers, clients, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
- Identify, understand, and develop strategic opportunities for bid preparation.
- Identify and quantify cost factors such as schedules, production time, materials, equipment, and labor (crew sizes, and work duration). Assist in identifying potential risks for each bid and help develop risk mitigation plans.
- Attend meetings, seminars, and training as assigned or necessary for growth within the industry.
- Organize, post, and maintain bid documents utilizing online software.
- Communicate effectively, often, and regularly with all professionals involved with the project.
- Assist in the presentation of proposals and post-submission value engineering, and final price negotiations.
- Prepare timely and accurate quantity take-offs assignment.
- Participate in sub-contractor/vendor proposal reviews and scope confirmation.
- Monitor subcontractor/vendor participation during the bidding process.
- Manage the hard-bid estimate process through its entirety by devising a bid pricing schedule, soliciting subcontractor/vendor participation, and analyzing quotes for quantity and specification compliance.
- Track and maintain accurate bid logs, in formats to include Excel, FCS, and Google Calendar.
- Other duties may be assigned.