Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employees over 12,000 people around the world and they are currently looking for a Counsel.
This role will be part of global legal department and will report to and assist VP Legal, Latin America. This position is responsible for reviewing and drafting various business-related agreements and will provide general legal advice on a variety of matters to internal departments.
Qualifications / Requirements
- D. degree from an accredited law school.
- Bar membership required; Florida Bar preferred
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish, written and spoken.
- Providing legal support to LATAM regional legal team
- Providing support in connection with drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of contracts in English and Spanish for various transactional matters, including content acquisition agreements, programming and distribution agreements, consulting agreements, licensing agreements other technology contracts, general procurement contracts, confidentiality agreements, and other contracts providing support to day-to-day operations
- Researching and analyzing legal issues
- Assisting the LATAM regional legal team with legal and administrative matters such as corporate documents, litigation management, etc.
- +2 years of relevant experience at a reputable law firm and/or in-house legal department; with strong corporate generalist and commercial skills and experience handling international transactions and commercial contracts in English and Spanish.
- Technology, telecom and/or media experience a plus.
- Contract drafting and negotiation skills a plus.
- Superior contract drafting and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate legal issues to clients in a clear and understandable manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to clients in a clear and understandable manner.
- Excellent organizational, time management and decision-making skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment.