Location: St. Petersburg, FL.
- Yearly raises and bonuses
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous Time Off Policy
- Closed on holidays
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dog-friendly environment
- Healthy St. Pete certified
- Job Type: Full-time, in person position in St. Petersburg, FL
The company is a team of passionate engineers and health enthusiasts with decades of experience in technology health and wellness. The trusted worldwide leader in EMF protection & safety, DefenderShield offers the platinum standard in mobile device EMF radiation & 5G protection. Our mission is to improve digital wellness and reduce the harmful effects of technology, with our range of EMF shielding solutions and resources. We pride ourselves on our receptive and knowledgeable customer service, as well as the vast amount of resources and scientifically-backed information available on our website.
The company is developing multiple new product lines for entry into new markets and is looking for individuals to join a rapidly expanding company with a start-up environment and extreme growth potential. Customer Support/Sales at DefenderShield is our front-line source of communication and first point of contact with customers. You’ll learn all the technical details of our products and technology, and use your knowledge to educate and sell to clients. As the virtual “face” of the company it is important to create wonderful first impressions while building rapport and managing trusting relationships in all interactions. You will make an immediate impact as a member of a small team of highly motivated self-starters.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, Sales or similar
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a related customer support or sales role (i.e. in a role that requires solving complex issues, diffusing tense situations, etc.)
- Ability to stay calm, level-headed and resilient, and to convey empathy as well as professionalism
- Ability to independently manage and resolve complex and/or escalated situations
- Excellent phone, email, and interpersonal communication
- Superior typing, writing, editing, and research capabilities
- Time management, multi-tasking, organization/attention to detail, and decision-making skills
- Desire to learn and deeply understand technical aspects of the technology, products, and company
- Strong knowledge of the Google suite (Gmail, Docs, Calendars, etc.)
- Experience in the medical, health/alternative health, natural food, or a science field preferred
- Experience with Freshdesk and CRM software preferred.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience while communicating via phone, email and chat through cloud-based customer service software (Freshdesk), sales channels such as Amazon and eBay, and social media channels.
- Develop repeat business through knowledge of products and services to build sales and customer loyalty.
- Provide expert and knowledgeable answers to questions about our technology, products, orders, pricing, and shipping.
- Help clients navigate our website and place orders online.
- Process returns and refunds.
- Promptly communicate customer feedback and product suggestions to management.
- Manage product sales cycle and act as account manager for existing and new product lines
- Maintain and update spreadsheets and documents.
- Potential to attend and plan flights and accommodations for (hotel, house rental, etc.) conferences/trade shows/other business travel.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by leadership staff for the support of the team.