Our client is a specialty growth firm dedicated to high-growth consumer health and wellness brands and they are looking for a Director of Operations to join their team!
You will be responsible to lead and oversee the entire value chain to deliver our products to consumers. Planning, purchasing, production, shipping, and receiving are all direct responsibilities of the manager.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Good project and time management skills
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Planning and coordinating productions per product line. This entails estimating demand according to the production planning, placing POs and ensuring production occurs on a timely manner.
- Purchase materials, plan inventory, and oversee warehouse efficiency.
- Oversee materials and inventory management.
- Supervise the coordination and execution of all logistics pertaining operational matters.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff.
- Coordinating the department’s financial needs and requirements to ensure seamless and uninterrupted operations (services, vendors, co-packers).
- Serve as the primary point of contact between operational vendors and partners and other departments (finance, marketing, sales).
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations sustained over time.
- Manage timely data collection to update operations metrics.
- Design and develop logistics information systems, warehouse and distribution operations, planning, forecasting, purchasing and customer service.
- Accountable for individual aspects of the supply chain, clearly outlining standard business processes, facilitating communication between different areas of the supply chain and evaluating best practices within the supply chain industry.
- Develop new and innovative ways to improve efficiency and performance overall.
- People Management:
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive team
- Self development and continuing personal development