Our client has been offering professional services in comprehensive civil engineering and surveying since the year 2000 and they are seeking an Engineer in Training to join their team in Plano, Texas!
You will perform detailed civil engineering duties to support project managers in planning, permitting, and design of commercial and/or residential development.
This is a great opportunity for you to be part of a fun and productive culture and open to continuous improvement!
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certification
- Minimum 1 year of civil engineering experience in land development or civil engineering internship.
- Appetite to learn and improve their skills.
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
- Energy and Enthusiasm
- Project Management Skills
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to modify construction plans and pull quantities.
- Create and finalize designs of water, storm sewer, and sanitary sewer systems using local criteria and common engineering design equations.
- Provide technical guidance to industry or managerial personnel regarding design, construction, or program modifications.
- Coordinate schedules with contractors, construction managers, and the survey department to provide solutions for any issues that might arise through the course of construction.
- Prepare and present due diligence/feasibility reports on properties of interest.
- Prepare and deliver bid documents, contract documents, cost estimates, and various project proposals to city engineers and clients.
- Attend meetings with city staff, clients, architects, and contractors.
- Manage multiple project assignments with various deadlines.