Our client is looking for a Facilities Maintenance Chief , to join their team!
This role is responsible for overseeing all aspects of engineering operations including emergency programs, energy management, asset protection, preventive maintenance and repairs to equipment, structures and grounds. Directs engineering’s accounting/budgeting, asset protection, and inventory control. The Chief Engineer directs all operations in alignment with the direction of the General Manager, Company, brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Responsible for: quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations. Recommends the Engineering budget, business plan, capital expenditures and manages within approved plans and objectives.
Qualifications / Requirements
- +3 years of experience in Maintenance and / or Engineering
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations and general maintenance skills required
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of the staff and people outside the company in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all equired meetings and trainings.
- Spanish proficiency strongly preferred
- Conduct facilities inspections and identify repair needs
- Requests and coordinate bids, quotes and contracts for third party vendors.
- Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
- Paint designated areas and items.
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures. Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
- Install, replace and program televisions.
- Perform minor plumbing functions.
- Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on a scheduled basis and complete work orders as necessary.
- Maintain the building exterior and “curb appeal” of entire infrastucture’s grounds
- Refurbish, paint and finish furniture and fixtures as needed.
- Test, examine, and maintain facilities’ life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records and coordinate compliance of service contracts.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Be aware of customer satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Demonstrates commitment to those goals through; work ethic, integrity, and respect for the Company and associates. Unites associates in a common commitment to achieve and exceed those goals.