Our client is a global food company located in Coral Gables, they are looking for a Financial Analyst to control and track all financial aspects of a customer sales team, review the financial feasibility of new business opportunities and pricing strategies, prepare the AOP, projections and reports submitted to local and regional management according to US GAAP and SOX controls, and maintain required documentation.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Working knowledge of Spanish (written and oral) is highly desirable.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Excellent knowledge of internal audit, balance sheet management, and profitability.
- Strong systems experience, especially with the Microsoft Office products.
- Other key relevant skills include:
- Action orientation,
- Strong business acumen,
- Effective communication,
- Time management,
- Customer service,
- Ability to summarize information quickly and accurately and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Business Management and Reporting:
- Supports the planning process of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Prepare and review AOP and monthly forecasting and present actual results/forecasts/AOP to local and regional management.
- Manage the month-end close process and ensure all accounts are reconciled and properly reflected in the profit and loss statement.
- Prepare financial bridges (price realization, sales, gross margin and EBIT roadmaps) for management review.
- Track Team sales, orders, deductions, margin and profit vs. prior year, vs Plan, and vs Previous Forecast.
- Track evolution of projects implemented to analyze ongoing results versus plan.
- Ensure payment of invoices to suppliers and distributors.
- Review sales general and administrative expenses.
- Manage trade marketing funding allocations.
- Manage customer deductions.
- Review trade spending and volume on a monthly basis with Management
- Fiduciary Control:
- Ensure policy compliance (SOX and US GAAP), examine customer contract compliance, safeguard company assets and ensure proper documentation for CFO protocol and audit purposes through maintaining and adhering key controls.
- Planning and Analysis:
- Work with Sales Team on ROI Brand Profit Improvements.
- Evaluate profit on promotional planning & post event analysis.
- Analyze and develop sales solutions (understanding the why)
- Strategic Business Partnering:
- Develop strong partnerships with sales managers to become their financial specialist.
- Support commercial area developing effective analysis and presentations of business cases, analyzing price changes and resolving customer claims.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related degre
- 3-5 years professional experience, preferably in the CPG industry and Latin America and Caribbean businesses.
- CPG Industry
- Latin America and Caribbean businesses.