Our client is a leader in the telecommunications industry, and right now they are looking for a Fixed Access Manager to define, lead, plan, organize, and execute the group technology strategy for its HFC, DTH and Fiber infrastructure for its Home and B2B business units.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in fixed network technology planning and strategy with considerable exposure and competence in several of the following areas
- Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) networks
- DOCSIS protocol, especially DOSCIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1
- Centralized and Distributed Architectures, R-PHY, R-MACPHY
- Fiber plant (underground, ADSS), FTTx, xPON (GPON, 10GPON, EPON)
- CMTS/CCAP/OLT planning and design
- HFC/FTTx External Plant design, deployment, capacity management
- Satellite broadcasting, DTH
- Cable Modems, eMTAs, STB, MoCA
- Wi-Fi deployment, optimization, planning, management
- TR-069, TR-181, SNMP protocols
- Telephony protocols, PacketCable, SIP
- Demand Management, DOCSIS and IP Capacity Planning
- Network Management Systems
- Network Synchronization
- Network availability and resiliency
- Quality of Service in DOCSIS Networks
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Ability to easily integrate with a multicultural, fast-moving and highly competitive environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable working with senior execs in C-Suite, communicating well and inspiring confidence;
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, highly competitive business environment.
- Outstanding team player with a positive attitude and the ability to lead experts in geographically distributed teams
- Solid English, Spanish a key advantage
Functional – Technology leadership
- Own the Cable technology strategy pillar and become the central source of cable strategy knowledge for all technology initiatives covering Home/Wired Access domains.
- Define regional policy, standards, guidelines, target architecture, design patterns, technology choices, tools, operational approach, and KPIs.
- Provide regional architecture, engineering and delivery leadership in wired access and devices area.
- Ensure that emerging trends and disruptive technologies are leveraged in the group’s technology strategy and that the technology teams are kept abreast of market developments and market-leading technologies.
- Build regional implementation plans and approach for short, medium and long term transition.
- Track the regional network changes against the cable strategy and ensure that the regional cable team maintains a focused execution to meeting the objectives of the overall cable strategy.
- Ensure the implementation in the region of the disruptive projects that have been led by Region, to guarantee the timely implementation in the network.
- Work with regional business teams to analyze short, medium and long term solution benefits.
- Get deep engagement with execution & operational teams to gain true understanding of issues and progress.
- Work with global procurement to identify and engage vendors.
- Work with HR to identify skills/training needs and organization changes to underpin the strategy.
- Work with Finance to cost plans and bring compelling business cases to executive committees and boards.
- Form strong and lasting relationships with senior execs to build a trustful engagement that emphasizes the initiative’s benefits while making sure the plans focus on the business’ true priorities.
- Interface with OpCos Engineering Directors and broader engineering teams, regional and local B2B team, vendors/suppliers.
- Mentor, guide and govern the home technology teams throughout the group, leveraging and developing existing skillsets to deliver the technology vision with the overall goal to meet the group’s financial targets.
- Develop the regional team that will own the platform and become the Centre of Excellence helping projects and functions gain the benefits of the new platform.
- Ensure that the teams in all countries are fully aligned and maintain ownership over the transformation plans and that the benefits for all countries are clearly identified as well as at group level.
Education / Training
- Degree in Engineering or Telecommunication with previous senior experience in and Fixed operator
- The successful candidate is expected to be highly competent in the following areas:
- Proven record to manage Equipment Telecommunication suppliers
- Budget, CAPEX and OPEX analysis: Yearly, 5 Year plans
- Combination of technology, business acumen and delivery experience from technology strategy to in-life operation at scale;
- Clear strategic thinker with the ability to think laterally and then translate this into proposals which are clearly communicated and easily understandable by business leaders and the technical community;
- Demonstrated experience of leading actual, virtual, matrix and global teams of technical architects and gaining strong credibility within the technical community;
- Proven vendor relationship management experience;
Ability to present TCO models for multiple cable technology solutions