Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider that serves 50 million customers and employees of over 12,000 people around the world.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company ranked in the top 25 of multinational companies of the “Great Place to Work” that offers great benefits for their employees.
They are seeking an Internal Audit IT Senior Manager to join their team!
As a member of the Internal Audit leadership team, the Internal Audit IT Senior Manager develops and implements strategic and operational plans related to the implementation of Internal Audit’s vision, mission, and overall goals and objectives. Serves as the leader of the IT audit function within Internal Audit. Manages the IT internal audit team and is the key liaison with CIO and CISO.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Security, Business or equivalent, or combination of related work experience and education
- Master’s degree in technology related field preferred
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of computer system design, information security concepts, IT general controls, network architecture/security, technology governance, business continuity/IT disaster recovery concepts, and/or security operations.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time in accordance with recommendations from the company Health & Safety Department.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Relevant certifications such as CISA and/or CISM.
- Leads the execution of global technology audits, including IT processes and cybersecurity
- Identifies IT risk areas on a global basis and plans audit projects accordingly
- Leads and manages the overall development and delivery of the IT annual audit plan
- Leads the execution of the reviews of all work papers, ensure audits are performed within the time budget allotted
- Supervise internal audit staff, co-sourced resources, and other applicable personnel supporting the execution of internal audits
- Develops strong working relationships and foster effective communications with audited units, related business areas, and internal audit management
- Present, discuss and follow-up audit recommendations with Senior Management
- Prepare information to be presented to Senior Management, Audit Committee, and other key stakeholders
- Approve new audit techniques and procedures to improve effectiveness/efficiency of audits
- Lead the evaluation of internal controls within the departments through the development and refinement of risk assessments
- Approve deliverables/reports done by the IT Audit team that include thematic issues, trends and other micro/macro level risks identified through the execution of audits and other assurance-related activities
- Lead ongoing assessment and completion of internal audit staff performance appraisals, promotion recommendations and professional development
- Collaborate and evaluate use of data analytics and other technology-driven solutions to enhance the delivery of risk and audit services
- Lead and ensure the periodic QA of audits are met and make suggestions on how to improve consistency as well as our overall approach to delivery
- Collaborate with IA management team to support the execution of internal audit activities
- Participates in executive management meetings to ensure Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and plans
- Serves as an on-going subject matter expert in the area of IT/cyber process and corresponding new capabilities
- Maintains internal audit competency through ongoing professional development
- Coach and mentor IT audit staff, champions, and guest auditors
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP of Internal Audit
- 10+ years of Big 4 (or similar risk consulting firm) experience in Technology internal/external audit or risk management.
- Experience in using computer analysis software (e.g. ACL, SQL, Excel etc.) and application systems
- Experience with Data Analytical tools (e.g. Tableau etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with professional standards, including SOX, NIST CSF, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, ITIL etc
- Telecommunication industry experience is a plus
- Ability to evaluate technical business processes and systems, identify risks, and evaluate controls.
- Detailed oriented approach to work.
- Strong communication skills to work with personnel of all levels throughout the company
- Investigative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of auditing processes/procedures.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, balancing priorities and deliverables.
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to support/mentor others and share and impart knowledge.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Positive and energetic.
- Enjoys working with technology in both a professional and personal manner.
- Strong business partnering competencies.
- Multicultural competence.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.