Our client is a leading telecommunication and digital services provider which serves 50 million customers and employees over 12,000 people around the world. They are currently looking for a Latam Manager of IT Operations.
This role will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the IT Operations framework and governance to secure quality and availability of operational processes and services of the IT ecosystem. Define and document processes relating to IT Operations. Orchestrate groups to define improvement initiatives. Provide and maintain tools and processes for an effective and efficient handling of incidents.
The Latam Manager of IT operations provides guidance and supports Local Operations on how to handle escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing IT issues.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Must demonstrate in-depth understanding and previous experience of IT operational processes with a preference of experience in Latam.
- In-depth understanding of the eTOM/ITIL framework
- Quality assurance
- Understanding of IT architecture
- Orientation to internal and external clients
- Full work proficiency in Spanish and English
- Enable, support, and optimize the management, maintenance, and use of the IT Infrastructure portfolio of IT assets in Latam operations.
- Ensure support and maintenance of IT environment in Latam through technology tools, organizational and process support structures
- Collaborate with Latam OpCo’s to provide adequate Service Management
- Ensures improvement IT Operations initiatives are adequately identified, tracked and implemented
- Designs the Change models and makes sure Service Management adheres to them
- Designs the channel for users to request and receive a standard set of services: incident / problem / access and service request management
- Ensures that all standard IT services have defined approval and fulfillment channels
- Provides and maintains the tools, processes, skills and rules for an effective and efficient handling of IT incidents
- Define efficient processes and policies for IT operations and ensure that they are implemented using the eTOM/ITIL framework including: E2E Fault and Incident Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, OSS/Tools Management
- Ensure Managed Service provider performs according to business expectations within the defined operational framework for IT operations
- Ensure competence development, capabilities and process evolution to keep up with ever changing technologies.
- Supervise high impact or critical IT incidents / IT events and ensure that appropriate and effective escalation communications are in place for all stakeholders. Maintain clear paths for escalation and ensure these are managed effectively.
- Identify IT operations requirements, risks and issues, propose appropriate solutions and courses of action.
- Share KPIs of existing solutions with Service Delivery (IT) teams to ensure continuous improvements and/or preventive actions are executed.
- Participate in periodic vendor performance reviews for strategic vendors to ensure they are meeting the agreed SLAs and manage associated remediation plans as necessary.
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Engineering (preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the Telecom Industry (Preferably in the IT operations area)
- Strong understanding of eTOM/ITIL Framework
- Strong understanding of Quality proceses and Governance in the IT operations environment
- Strong experience and understanding of Project Management methodology and direct management of large multi-million dollar projects.
- In Depth understanding of IT Operations Management and KPI/SLA management with a focus on Customer Experience Management.