Direct support to production, develop and implement robust processes, spec tooling, and equipment required for manufacturing, define manpower requirements based on workload allocation by process, deep understanding of the entire boat manufacturing.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 3-5 years of directly applicable manufacturing engineering experience
- Direct experience with new product introductions within the boats, automotive, light aircraft or recreation industries.
- Direct experience in complex products, final assembly experience in automotive, boating, heavy equipment.
- Proven track record in collaborating with design engineering and supply chain to improve the cost and manufacturability of components and sub-assemblies
- Demonstrated ability to work well with various departments, including engineering, production, quality and supply chain as well as purchasing, finance and marketing
- Experience with developing production layouts to meet the requirements of volume and take time with reduced waste and high quality
- Experience with the design of tools and fixtures and the specification of capital equipment
- The ability to operate a CAD system to view, measure and extract product data is preferred
- Ability to work independently with strong decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
- Familiarization with manufacturability and assembly of materials, including metals and fiberglass composites
- Author & develop work instructions that will allow the company to meet its ramp rate while employing skilled and non-skilled labor
- Develop and implement robust production processes
- Contribute to the development of the production facility by designing workstation layout, assembly line layout, material handling methods, and material flow
- Interface between the production team and other departments to improve the product manufacturability, safety, cost, delivery, quality, and lead time
- Root cause analysis of issues in production and assembly using a structured format
- Lead the development of modified or alternative components, manufacturing processes, materials, and equipment required for the manufacture, assembly, and testing of the various components and sub-assemblies
- Works seamlessly with the team while fitting in with the company culture
- Demonstrates thorough comprehension of instruction by performing desired tasks accurately and timely while delivering high-quality work
- Demonstrates self-starting, ambitious behavior while being eager to learn
- Able to improvise, adapt and overcome
Education / Training
- S. in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Technology
- Entrepreneurial attitude, goal driver, results-focused with a strong bias for action
- Assertive, dynamic, creative, and smart with unlimited energy and vision
- Extreme attention to detail
- Self-motivated, positive thinker
- Team-oriented with a priority on organizational goals, motivated by accomplishments rather than power
- Highly analytical and logical; skilled at problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Mature and sensitive to multiple decision-making styles
- Ability to grasp issues in a dynamic environment and organize activities to quickly achieve desired outcomes
- Highly intelligent, confident, decisive, competitive, energetic, and passionate