Our client is a well-recognized semi-custom builder of center-console saltwater fishing boats and catamarans, captivating and enabling sport fishermen and women to pursue their trophies with intuitive designs, superb construction, and exhilarating performance, since 2006.
They are looking for a Manufacturing Quality Control Manager to join their team!
You will be responsible for ensuring high-quality builds boats on time, within budget and at the required rate through effective leadership of the Quality organization.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Engineering or Bachelor’s degree, specialized in Quality Assurance
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Proven experience managing Quality Assurance functions in fast pace manufacturing environments. Ideally of complex products.
- Ample experience leading direct labor and middle management
- Skilled with Microsoft programs, especially proficient with excel
- Marine, automotive or aerospace background
- Proven managerial experience, capable of linking strategy with operational business aspects
- Understanding of best manufacturing practices
- Extensible knowledgeable in Quality Management System and Supplier Quality
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Flexible working hours
- Manage receiving, in-process and final inspection functions required to build high-quality product throughout the various productive processes: lamination, sub-assembly and general assembly
- Build and develop the Quality organization
- Select, hire, develop and retain direct labor required for the quality assurance function
- Effectively lead in compliance with organizational values
- Develop and implement tools for effective floor management in alignment with company’s goals
- Work side by side with Supply Chain and Production managers to reach set Operational common goals
- Further develop the Quality system including quality standards, work instructions, tooling specs, etc.
- Deliver to required rate, quality and cost per business plan
- Continuous improvement of quality assurance and compliance processes following lean practices